At NCFMC, we attribute our success to our team of dedicated employees that are passionate about helping create and build families. As a premier fertility and IVF clinic in Northern California, we are often seeking qualified team players to join our growing practice. Questions? Please contact the NCFMC office administrator Melissa Dillon at email@example.com.
Benefits Quotes Coordinator/Medical Records/Front Office Receptionist
Experienced in health insurance, front desk and medical records is required.
This position will work closely with our New Patient Coordinator and our Billing Department doing benefit quotes for all new patients and returning patients. Verifying eligibility on all insurance benefits and provide the information to the patients and insurance department, process all Medical Records request and help out with the front desk.
This position is full time, fully benefited position and must be available to work weekends as needed. We are open 365 days and all staff rotate through weekends and holidays. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, shift differential pay for weekend shifts. This position is a very high volume, fast paced, crucial position to our clinic. The incumbent must work collaboratively with all clinical services staff in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility and a “can do” attitude.
Candidates will not be considered that do not have 2+ years’ experience in the medical field. We are looking for longevity in the right candidate that wants to stay and grow with our company.
1.Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited: to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry.
- Provides information to Clinic callers according to the Clinic’s Policies and Procedures; transfers calls as needed; ensure adequate phone coverage at all times.
- Welcomes and greets patients/clients/visitors to the clinic in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determines purpose of visit and direct patients/clients/visitors to appropriate person or department(s).
- Schedules patient flow to clinic based on predetermined appointment arrangements to allow the clinic to serve an adequate number of patients as established requirements.
- When scheduling appointments, carefully screens patients for new address, new patient visit or update registration and informs patient of adequate information that must be presented at time of visit.
- When processing medical records do so with all HIPAA guidelines and provide correct and adequate information to correct parties in manner in which they have requested.
- Correctly verify patient insurance information and update it in both EMR systems to the best knowledge found by insurance carriers.
- Adheres to all Clinic policies on safety and security; maintains restricted areas safe by safeguarding keyless entry codes and computer system passwords in strict confidentiality.
- Must exercise utmost diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to Clinic policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Maintains patient waiting areas, office files, and front-desk areas in a manner that is organized and neat.
- Informs patient of any existing balance noted in computer and request patient be prepare for any payment due at time of visit.
- Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers patient complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
- Attends scheduled department staff and clinical meetings.
- Performs all duties and service in full compliance with NCFMC’s Service Excellence Standards.
- Performs all duties successfully and in a timely manner.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer services and interpersonal communication skills; Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse people groups.
- Intermediate to advanced phone skills; able to effectively relate via the telephone and in-person to serve the needs of Clinic patients/clients/visitors in a manner that is efficient and productive.
- Must be highly flexible; able to accommodate changing needs of the department.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English; Additional language abilities desirable.
- Knowledge of basic math and modern office procedures.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision. Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends. (as needed)
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills. (no beginners)
- Experience with computer data entry and ability to type a minimum of 45 WPM. Ability to operate a 10-key calculator by touch.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from high school and equivalent of 2+ years of medical receptionist experience in comparable health care setting.
- Prior administrative or clerical experience in clinical or community-based setting is a must. Full paid benefits, 501k, yearly increases and much more.
Candidates will not be considered that do not have a medical background of at least 2+ years.
Job Type: Full-time